To be eligible to apply you must be from within the Auckland Region, or Waikato Region.
Download a Milestone Foundation Grant Application Form. You can obtain an application form by downloading a form from our website.
Read through our FAQ's. Our FAQ's include some common questions from applicants when completing an application form.
Make sure you allow enough time to submit your application. We recommend that grant applications are submitted at least TWO months before the due date of when the funding is required, otherwise the application may be declined or not meet your funding deadline.
Please ensure you submit your grant application and supporting documentation (including quotes) in English.
If you are unable to understand or interpret the grant application requirements, you are encouraged to find an organisation that can assist you i.e. an Accountant or Lawyer with strong English skills.
The Board cannot consider funding any goods or services that have already been paid prior to their approval.
Salary requests are not a high priority for the Board. Applicants are encouraged to consider applying for activity/project or operational expenses instead.
If you have any questions with regards to your application, please call our grants team on 09 522 9585.
Completing your Application Our application form includes a useful checklist to help you include all of the documentation required to complete your application. You will need to provide the following information otherwise incomplete applications may be returned to you:
1. At least TWO competitive quotes (even if you have a preferred supplier) for all goods and services for which you require funding.
2. Funds must be spent within three months. a. Please provide details of the dates of when you intend to spend the funding.
3. The minutes of the Committee/Executive Meeting. The minutes of the Committee/Executive Meeting need to include: a. Full names of committee members; b. A resolution to apply for funding from Milestone Foundation for the purpose and amount for which your organisation is applying funding; c. Minutes including resolution must be certified as true and correct and signed by the Secretary/Chairperson or other executive member; and d. Minutes should be on the letterhead of the applicant organisation.
4. Amateur Sporting Groups must provide: a. Proof of current affiliation to a national or regional body b. Proof/itinerary/flyer and date(s) of event(s) in which funding is sought c. Names and roles of individuals in the team/organisation if travel funding is being requested d. Copy of Rules/Code of Conduct or Constitution
5. Charitable Trusts must provide: a. Certificate of Incorporation and/or Trust Deed and Proof of Not-for-Profit Status b. Charities Registered Number
6. Other organisations must provide: a. Proof of Not-for-Profit status (e.g. IRD tax exemption certificate) b. In the case of Schools, endorsement from the Principal on School letterhead
7. Bank account details for the applicant organisation must be: a. Pre-printed deposit slip, or bank generated account details verified by the bank Please ensure you staple your deposit slip in the allocated space on the application form so it doesn't go missing.
8. Financial Statements - latest audited or reviewed edition If your organisation does not have Financial Statements, please provide a copy of bank statements for the past 3 months.
9. Organisation Information
10. Project Summary
11. Has the application been signed and dated by two authorised persons? Authorised Persons must be a member of your Committee or Board
Is the Application Complete?
Have you read and fully understand the terms and conditions of funding?
Please tick the checklist included with the application form to make sure we have everything we need.